Do You Have A Massachusetts Wage Act Claim?

If you missed the deadline for filing a claim for unpaid wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), you may still be able to recover compensation under Massachusetts law.

At the law firm of The Employee Rights Group, LLC in Boston, our attorneys offer a confidential consultation to discuss your options under both state and federal law. Our lawyers have an exceptional track record of resolving pay issues, through negotiations with employers and, when necessary, in court.

Massachusetts Wage Act Claims

Massachusetts has laws that offer employees greater protection than the FLSA. Additionally, the common law may provide for additional remedies when trying to recover unpaid wages, such as breach of contract and unjust enrichment.

Filing a claim pursuant to Massachusetts law may allow you to recover more compensation than you could recover under federal law, for instance you can recover automatic triple damages under Massachusetts law, compared to discretionary double damages under federal law. Indeed, Massachusetts law does not review the conduct of the employer when awarding damages for failure to pay wages. Instead, Massachusetts law automatically awards employees three times (3x) the wages that they are owed. Under Federal law, the standard is more stringent as the court will review the employer's conduct and decide if aggravated circumstances exist to justify an award of double (2x) damages.

It is not unusual for employers to fail to pay compensation properly over a number of years. As a result, many employees may be able to recover a substantial amount of damages under Massachusetts law.

Learn more about the differences between the FLSA and Massachusetts wage laws.

Don't Let Your Employer Get Away With Not Paying Your Wages

If you believe your employer has failed to pay you all the wages you are owed, talk to an attorney at The Employee Rights Group, LLC in Boston. We can evaluate your case and give you options on how to proceed. Call 774-847-7390 or write to our attorneys with your questions.

Back To Top